A suggested day at Mnemba Island
Days at Mnemba Island Lodge can be as active or as leisurely as guests want them to. This private island paradise, with its white beaches and balmy Indian Ocean waters invites you to lose all track of time. Activities and meals can always be tailor-made to any guest's wishes and there are many ways to spend each ideal, sun-washed day. The following is just one suggestion for a perfect day at Mnemba.
- Breakfast - At a pre-arranged time, a friendly knock will sound on your door and morning tea and coffee will be delivered. As soon as you are ready, this will be followed by a delicious breakfast delivered directly to your banda. Feast on a selection of fruits and cheeses, as well as toast, jam and a selection of hot dishes cooked to order.
- Morning - Spend a leisurely morning on the beach, snorkelling along the nearby coral reefs or exploring the island's shoreline in a sea kayak. Keep a sharp lookout for a coconut crab, the largest arthropod that lives on land.
- Lunch - The guest areas provide a cool, shaded sanctuary for a light, refreshing lunch.
- Afternoon Dive - After a brief siesta to the sound of the waves, it's time to meet our diving instructors and venture into the balmy ocean waters. A short boat ride takes you out to the reefs, where you can explore the colourful marine life. If you happen to spot a pod of dolphin, simply jump in a swim with these sociable sea creatures.
- Dinner - Back from your dive, wash off the salt in the glass beaded shower. There's time to relax before a succulent seafood dinner, served right on the beach, with your toes in the sand. Stroll along the ocean's edge before you drift off to sleep with the haunting sound of the waves playing in your head.