A day at Serengeti Under Canvas
At Serengeti Under Canvas the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife experience and the nights to delight you with the romance of canvas under open African skies.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the Serengeti, the deep voice of your butler delivers a wake-up call at your tent. A tray of tea, coffee and homemade biscuits will be waiting outside your tent. Climb into an open 4x4 safari vehicle with your guide and set off in search of the massed herds of the Great Migration. If the herds have already moved on into Kenya, your guide will introduce you to the rich resident wildlife.
- Breakfast - After a morning spent tracking down wildlife, return to the camp for a hearty bush breakfast. Feast on platters laden with toast, jams and marmalades, homemade muesli, fresh fruits and assorted cheeses. Hot breakfasts are prepared on the open fire, with eggs, omelettes, frittatas and freshly cooked pot breads.
- Lunch - After breakfast, indulge in a steaming hot bucket shower or maybe a quick nap before lunch. Inviting lunch platters are served in the cool shade of the dining tent.
- Afternoon Tea - While away the afternoon hours with a good book and a chilled glass of wine in the guest tent or simply watch the wonders of the bush directly from your tent's veranda. Afternoon tea, with a selection of ight snacks, will be served in the late afternoon.
- Afternoon Game Drive - Depart on an afternoon game drive as the heat of the day starts to break. Keep an eye out for lion, leopard, hyena and jackal gearing up for their nocturnal hunts.
- Dinner - As you arrive back at the camp, cocktails are served around a blazing fire. Dine under the stars on a delicious bush meal cooked on the open fire. After dinner, indulge in decadent desserts, served with tea, coffee or cognac. Stories from an adventurous day are shared around a glowing campfire. You will then be escorted back to your tent, where you will drift off to sleep amidst the sounds of the African bush.