A day at Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp
At Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to indulge in the drama and romance of the Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the Serengeti, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Set out in an open 4x4 safari vehicle in the company of your guide. If the Great Migration is passing through the area, your guide will catch up with it and attempt to catch the wildebeest crossing the Grumeti River. Even if the Migration is not in the area, the Grumeti region has excellent resident game. Your guide will break for a hot drink and a snack to refresh you
- Breakfast - Return to the Camp for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options. If you prefer, you can take a packed breakfast and prolong your morning game drive.
- Lunch - There's time for a quick siesta before lunch, which is served on colourful decks overlooking the river.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the Camp's pool or watch the frolics of our resident family of hippo. Over a late afternoon tea, your ranger will discuss what you hope to see during the afternoon game drive.
- Afternoon Game Drive - Head off in search of the wildlife in the cooler late afternoon. The herds head out to drink before settling down for the night, while the predators are warming up for the night's hunting. Stop at a scenic spot for sundowners as the sun sinks beneath the endless plains.
- Dinner - Return to the Camp for a mouthwatering dinner prepared over traditional fires, jikos or in outdoor ovens. Relax around a blazing fire in the boma and discuss the adventures of the day before heading back to your tented suite.