A day at Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
At Lake Manyara Tree Lodge, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to indulge in the drama and romance of Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the Rift Valley, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Explore the remote southern reaches of the Park in an open 4x4 safari vehicle in the company of your guide. Go in search of elephant, lion or the flocks of flamingo on the shores of the Lake. Your guide will break for a hot drink and a snack to refresh you
- Breakfast - Return to the Lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - Relax in your leafy treehouse until it is time for lunch or watch your meal being prepared in the interactive kitchen.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the Lodge pool or indulge in a siesta. Over a late afternoon tea, your guide will discuss what you hope to see during the afternoon game drive.
- Afternoon Game Drive - Head off in search of the wildlife in the cooler late afternoon. The herds head out to the Lake to drink and bathe before settling down for the night, while the predators are warming up for the night's hunting. Stop at a scenic spot for sundowners to watch the sun sink under the horizon.
- Dinner - Back at the Lodge, a mouthwatering dinner is waiting in the lamplit boma.