A day at Exeter River Lodge
At Exeter River Lodge, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to delight you with the indulgence and romance of the African night.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the African bush, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your ranger will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Set out in an open 4x4 safari vehicle in the company of a ranger and tracker team, who will attempt to track your favourite animals. Sabi Sand is well known for its leopard sightings, and you may well spot one of these elusive cats resting after a successful night hunt. You will stop for refreshments at a scenic spot during your drive.
- Breakfast - Return to the Lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast on a short walk near the lodge, accompanied by your ranger, who will share his insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area or enjoy a refreshing dip in your private plunge pool ahead of a delicious lunch served on open air decks within sight of the river. Savour delectable flavours, incorporating high tea delights to be enjoyed as dessert as you gaze across the spectacular view ahead of you. Enjoy the peaceful sights and sounds around you at leisure before your next incredible game drive.
- Evening Game Drive - This game drive begins in the late afternoon and lasts until after dark, when spotlights are used for a glimpse into the nocturnal bush life. Track spotted hyena as they call to each other on an evening hunt or post the beautifully patterned civet cat. Enjoy sundowners in a scenic location as the sun slowly sinks beneath the horizon.
- Dinner - Return to the Lodge for a mouthwatering dinner around a blazing fire in the boma with newfound friends or enjoy an al fresco dinner in a surprise bush setting.