A day at Phinda Private Game Reserve
At Phinda, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to delight you with the indulgence and romance of Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the African bush, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your ranger will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Phinda is renowned for its exceptional sightings of the elusive cheetah and the rare black rhino. There is also a number of resident lion prides and rangers will do their best to provide guests with a glimpse of all of these animals.
- Breakfast - Return to your lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast near your lodge, accompanied by your ranger, who will share his insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area, before returning in time for lunch.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the pool, indulge in an afternoon siesta or simply watch the wildlife from your private veranda. Over a late afternoon tea, your ranger will discuss what you hope to see during the afternoon game drive.
- Evening Game Drive - This game drive begins in the late afternoon and lasts until after dark, when spotlights are used for a glimpse into the nocturnal bush life. Listen to lions roar in the dark or admire the small nocturnal animals. Enjoy sundowners in a scenic location as the sun slowly sinks beneath the horizon. If you prefer, you may be able to go on a boat cruise or canoe down the Mzinene River, watching the wildlife as they come down to drink.
- Dinner - A mouthwatering dinner is waiting for you at your lodge's boma or in a surprising bush location.
PHINDA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- More About Phinda
- Phinda Map
- Getting There
- A Day At Phinda
- Activities Included
- Additional activities
- Guest Stories
- Staff and Guides
- Travel Packages
- Lodge Specials Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Phinda Specialist Walking Safari
- Photo Gallery