At &Beyond Madikwe Safari Lodge a special adventure lies waiting for all our young guests. Holidays shared with family are a special time and children will remember them all the more for the special touches that we can provide to amuse and entertain. Fun activities will ensure that youngsters are never bored, while also helping them learn about nature and giving them a unique glimpse into life in the African bush.
Your ranger and the lodge team will also keep your child entertained with an exciting variety of fun adventures in the bush and at the lodge.
- Planet Manager Eco-guide - this is a unique booklet that teaches about our planet's natural resources in a fun and interactive way. Throughout your stay, your ranger will help your child complete the eco-guide, identifying different animal species that they see around them.
- Kiddies game drives - special game drives, focusing on smaller animals and avoiding the Big Five, can be arranged after breakfast for children below the age of six. Each young adventurer will get a specially prepared snack bag and fruit juice.
- Help the ranger - the ranger need help preparing for the next game drive and there’s no one better than his young guests to join in the fun. Get wet and soapy washing the vehicle and make sure the ranger packs all the goodies he needs to surprise the adults on the sundowner stop!
- Tracking safari - each child gets some plaster of paris and everyone heads out into the bush with the ranger to find the tracks of their favourite animal. Once they have found and identified the tracks, the ranger helps them to take plaster impressions that they can take home as a reminder of their African safari.
- Bug hunting - African insect life is colourful, varied and spectacular! The ranger will help children catch some spectacular insects, including large beetles and beautiful grasshoppers, in specially made containers. Children can look after their insect friends and keep them with them for a while or let them go and make space for the next brightly coloured bug.
- Cookie baking - nothing tastes better than freshly baked cookies, especially when you have helped to make them yourself! After lunch, children are invited into the kitchen to help bake the goodies for afternoon tea. There’s an opportunity to get creative with animal shapes and even gingerbread men!
- Make your own pizza or pasta - everybody loves pizza but not many children get to help make it! Come into the kitchens, watch the pizza base being made, arrange all your favourite ingredients on top and then watch as it goes into the oven before arriving hot and steaming on your table. If you prefer pasta, you can help the chef make a big bowl, prepared just the way you like it.
- Colouring in - colouring in books, crayons and coloured pencils keep children occupied for hours at a time
- Play dough sessions - youngsters make animals or others shapes out of colourful play dough
- Face painting - children love having their face painted to resemble their favourite animal
- Creative fun - there are always lots of things to keep young hand occupied, from coloured paper to beads and other materials to make toys, tiaras and many more
- Dressing up - youngsters keep the adults entertained with play acting sessions dressed up in colourful costumes
- Games and toys - lots of games and educational toys are always available to help keep young minds entertained
Lucy was so well looked after by a variety of people, in fact we had been at Madikwe for about 3 minutes when the sous chef took her away and then returned 5 minutes later with Lucy covered in chocolate brownie... Lucy thought it was the best thing ever.
Madikwe Safari Lodge guest