A day at Ngala Private Game Reserve
At Ngala, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to delight you with the indulgence and romance of Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the African bush, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your ranger will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Ngala is home to all of the Big Five, but is particularly well known for its rhino and wild dogs, as well as the large herds of elephant and buffalo. Go in search of leopard, lion or wild dog sleeping off the exertion of the hunt from the night before.
- Breakfast - Return to your lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast on a short walk near your lodge, accompanied by your ranger, who will share his insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area, before returning in time for lunch.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the sparkling swimming pool, indulge in an afternoon siesta or simply watch the wildlife from your private veranda. Over a late afternoon tea, your ranger will discuss what you hope to see during the afternoon game drive.
- Evening Game Drive - This game begins in the late afternoon and lasts until after dark, when spotlights are used for a glimpse into the nocturnal bush life. Drive down to the Timbavati River to watch the animals drink and bathe or watch out for predator getting ready for the hunt. Enjoy sundowners in a scenic location as the sun slowly sinks beneath the horizon.
- Dinner - Return to your lodge for a mouthwatering dinner beneath the magnificent African sky.
NGALA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- More About Ngala
- Ngala Map
- Getting There
- A Day At Ngala
- Activities Included
- Additional activities
- Guest Stories
- Staff and Guides
- Travel Packages
- Lodge Specials Ngala Private Game Reserve
- Ngala Specialist Walking Safari
- Photo Gallery