A day at Sossusvlei Desert Reserve
At Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, days are dedicated to thrilling desert adventures, while nights bring to life the romance and beauty of the African sky.
- Morning Nature Drive - Explore the NamibRand Nature Reserve on scenic nature drives, which concentrate on unique desert-adapted plants and wildlife, as well as the starkly beautiful desert landscapes.
- Breakfast - Return to your lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast on a short walk near the lodge. If you wish, your guide can accompany you, sharing his invaluable insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area, however, it is also safe for guests to walk alone. Return to the lodge in time for lunch, served on wraparound verandas.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the pool or indulge in an afternoon siesta before afternoon tea.
- Quad biking trail - If you're feeling adventurous enough, venture out on a quad bike trail, led by an experienced guide. Well established trails lead over the dunes and rocky outcrops.
- Dinner - A mouthwatering dinner awaits back at the lodge or in a dramatic desert location. After dinner, a resident astronomer unlocks the secrets of the southern skies at the Lodge observatory. End your night looking up into African stars through the skylight positioned above your king size bed.