A day at Chobe Under Canvas
At Chobe Under Canvas your days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife experiences and your nights to delight you with the romance of canvas under open African skies.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the bush, the deep voice of your butler delivers a wake-up call at your tent. A tray of tea, coffee and homemade biscuits will be waiting outside your tent. Climb into an open 4x4 safari vehicle with your guide and tracker, and set off through the waking bush. You may be lucky enough to spot predators feasting on their kill from the night before or herds of buffalo grazing before the heat of the day.
- Breakfast - After a morning spent tracking down wildlife, return to the camp for a hearty bush breakfast. Feast on platters laden with toast, jams and marmalades, homemade muesli, fresh fruits and assorted cheeses. Hot breakfasts are prepared on the open fire, with eggs, omelettes, frittatas and freshly cooked pot breads.
- Lunch - After breakfast, indulge in a steaming hot bucket shower or maybe a quick nap before lunch. Inviting lunch platters are served in the cool shade of the dining tent.
- Afternoon Tea - While away the afternoon hours with a good book and a chilled glass of wine in the guest tent or simply watch the wonders of the bush directly from your tent's veranda. Afternoon tea, with a selection of light snacks, will be served in the late afternoon.
- Afternoon Game Drive - Depart on an afternoon game drive as the heat of the day starts to break or try something a little different on a river cruise. Glide among hundreds of elephant, which come down to drink or just cavort in the cooling waters. Hippo can be spotted both in and out of the water, and herds of beautiful sable wander the water's edge. Snacks and sundowners are served on board as the sun sinks beneath the horizon.
- Dinner - As you arrive back at the camp, cocktails are served around a blazing fire. Dine under the stars on a delicious bush meal cooked on the open flames. After dinner, indulge in decadent desserts, served with tea, coffee or cognac. Stories from an adventurous day are shared around a glowing campfire. You will then be escorted back to your tent, where you will drift off to sleep amidst the sounds of the African bush.