Why Travel to Zambia?
- Thrilling whitewater rafting on the Zambezi River
- Elephant-back safaris near the Victoria Falls
- See three of Africa’s big lakes - Tanganyika, Kariba and Bangweulu
- Pristine national parks, including Kafue, South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi
- Abseiling and bungee jumping at Victoria Falls
- Intimate lodges in exquisite surroundings
- Canoeing and fishing safaris
- Romantic sundowner cruises
- Gorgeous Lake Kariba
The Home of the walking safari
Named after the mighty Zambezi River, Zambia is the home of the walking safari. It is also famed for its rivers, which feed a wide range of habitats, as well as the magnificent Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world. The country boasts some superb game parks, including the South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi National Parks. The town of Livingstone is a charming and pleasant tourist destination, with many restaurants and shopping opportunities. It offers numerous activities in and around Victoria Falls, including various game viewing adventures.
- Kafue National Park is approximately the size of Wales or Massachusetts
- The town of Livingstone was named after the "discoverer" of the Victoria Falls, David Livingstone
- Many say the views of Victoria Falls are more spectacular from Zambia
- Zambia is a great bird watching destination, with over 400 recorded species
Interactive Trip Finder
Our interactive trip finder will make it easy for you to select the right kind of safari for you.