Why Travel to South Africa?
- Exciting Big Five safaris in unspoilt wilderness areas
- See Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was jailed for 27 years
- Go up Table Mountain by cable car for stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, islands and one of the world’s most beautiful cities, Cape Town
- Township tours in Soweto, Khayelitsha, Alexandra
- The Cradle of Humankind: Sterkfontein is one of the world’s most important palaeoanthropological sites
- Whale watching and great white shark cage diving
- Beautiful, pristine beaches perfect for swimming and sunbathing
The Rainbow nation
South Africa is the economic powerhouse of the continent and offers excellent infrastructure, facilities and services. This is a magical country, where a melting pot of cultures interact to a vibrant African drumbeat.
It offers many spectacular attractions and dramatic landscapes. Be sure to visit the Cradle of Humankind, Table Mountain, the beautiful Wine Route and, of course, one of its exceptional Big Five game reserves, where animals roam free across thousands of hectares of unspoilt African wilderness.
- The southernmost tip of the African continent is at Cape Agulhas
- South Africa has 11 official languages
- It contains the richest and smallest of the world’s floral kingdoms
- The Kruger National Park has the most mammal species of any game reserve
- South Africa has eight World Heritage Sites
- Kruger is also Africa’s biggest game reserve
- The stock exchange ranks among the top 20 in the world
Interactive Trip Finder
Our interactive trip finder will make it easy for you to select the right kind of safari for you.