Why Travel to Mozambique?
- A paradise for scuba diving and snorkelling
- World-class angling, including saltwater fly-fishing and big game fishing for marlin and sailfish (tag and release)
- Famous LM prawns in Maputo
- Great water sports
- A traditional dhow (sailboat) cruise
- See the rare dugong and five species of dolphins in Bazaruto
- Don't miss the Maputo Elephant Reserve
Endless coastlines for you to explore
Mozambique is one of the most romantic destinations in Africa. Situated on Africa's southeast coast, it has pristine beaches, untouched tropical islands and stunning coral reefs, proudly boasting 2 500km (1 550 miles) of breathtaking coastline. Explore the exquisite Bazaruto Archipelago, with its stunning islands, as well as Pemba and deserted islands chains like the remote Quirimbas Archipelago. The capital, Maputo, has a vibrant street life and colourful markets where you can shop to your heart's content.
- Mozambique Island is a World Heritage Site
- Bazaruto Archipelago is the largest marine reserve in the Indian Ocean
- Over 1 200 species of fish have been identified in Mozambique’s coastal waters
- Some of the richest coral reefs are in Mozambique
- Mozambique is easily accessible from South Africa
- Portuguese is the official language
Interactive Trip Finder
Our interactive trip finder will make it easy for you to select the right kind of safari for you.