Why Travel to Kenya?
- The Maasai tribe tend their cattle alongside wildlife in the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Over 1 000 bird species
- Millions of flamingos breed on Lake Nakuru
- The beautiful tropical island of Lamu on the coast is a World Heritage Site
- The Great Migration - one of the seven new wonders of the world
- Diving the coral reefs at tropical Mombasa
- The black-maned lions of the Masai Mara
Home of the safari
Kenya has become known as the finest safari destination in the world. Writers like Ernest Hemingway, conservationists like Joy and George Adamson, and famous movies like “Out of Africa” and “Born Free” have given you a glimpse of Kenya. But you simply have to see it for yourself.
Kenya has over 12 national wildlife parks, including Amboseli, the Masai Mara and the Great Rift Valley. It is home to endangered species, marine parks and the Great Migration - the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth.
- Mount Kenya is the second highest mountain in Africa
- Kenya is situated on the equator
- The best view of Mount Kilimanjaro is from Amboseli National Park in Kenya
- The country is named after Mount Kenya
- The Kikuyu believe Mount Kenya is home of the Supreme Being: Ngai
Interactive Trip Finder
Our interactive trip finder will make it easy for you to select the right kind of safari for you.